*** Sometimes, when you click the link, the ad may come up, but after 5 seconds, you can click "Skip Ad" in the upper right corner, and you can go to the destination. Don't worry :) ***

Monday, March 28, 2011

I've been working for New England Crafters & Magical Gift Company for a little over 3 years now...

I've been working for New England Crafters for a little over 3 years now...

I posted about NEC before (click here & here to see older posts), but I thought that I needed an update for them.

Here goes:

I will not say it's the perfect job opportunity for everyone since I can't make much money from it. But, I do get paid and I'm still happy working with them!

The positives are:
1. I can work from home.
2. I can get help from NEC by phone or email.
3. The job is year round.

The negative sides are:
1. The shipments are slow.
2. I have to buy a couple of things to complete projects. Ex) Glue gun, glue sticks, spackle, etc.
3. I can't choose the amount of products to complete.

These are my top 3s.

I really like how NEC treats each crafter's concerns.
One time, I was a little bit anxious and upset about the amount I received.
After 2 years of work, I was still receiving 100 wool sheep projects, but I was making them perfectly and on time, which NEC complimented on.

It was hard to complete projects by the due date, but I stayed awake late and made them so that the amount would be increased.
I wanted to make it up to their maximum amount as soon as I could!! But, it never happened.

So, I first called them about that, but the person I spoke to didn't have the authority to change the amount, and the owner wasn't in town at the time. But, the person was going to call the owner, ask her, and get back to me.

It didn't go well. It just went back and forth couple of times, and I decided to send an email to the owner, so I wouldn't have to bother NEC workers. And hopefully, the owner would give me time whenever she had a spare moment. (I know that the owner is extremely busy.)

About 5 days later, the owner responded to my email with a complete explanation which she said that it's the demand of the projects which determines how many I can produce.
Also, she offered me a full refund if I was still unhappy with them.

Of course, I was happy with them and still work for them.
Like in my case, sometimes it is hard to reach the right person. But, I eventually got my answer.

Some people might get upset that it's not fast enough to get a response. I think it's good considering NEC receives phone calls and emails from customers & crafters all over the US.

I was approved on 6 projects, and I'm working on 1 project to be approved, but I don't make 3 of them anymore due to the demand of the projects. NEC sent me replacement projects.
But, of course, I have to go through the inspection before I can start working on them. The kit is free (replacement projects), but it's a bit sad. (I worked hard to be approved on them!!!) Well, the projects never bore me, though!

NEC always tries to keep everything clear which is why they strongly recommend reading their policy before people start working on their projects.

I never felt that I was ripped off at all.

The beggining is definitely the most difficult part. I practiced a lot of times. Now, I can make them fine!

I hope that their forum will be back soon. I didn't really use it, but I think it's good opportunity to get help and talk to other crafters.

I hope this article helps some of the people who are considering working for NEC!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Lilycat, how much money would you say you could make per month on this New Englander Crafts Company? Curious how much it would help me out financially..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have about five projects that I make, but the shipments come intermittently. Sometimes, it takes over three months to receive the next shipment from the day I sent the last shipment. I believe that I made a little over $1000 last year. It’s not a lot, but it’s still income. Other crafters make more or less. I don’t know. Please remember that this is just my case in particular. I don’t mind sharing my experiences with others. To be honest, I worried a lot before I purchased the kit:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your post :)
    I thought it was pretty informative and sounded honest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the information regarding New England Crafters. My sister was thinking of purchasing the kit from the company. I will definitely let her know that it can take up to three months for the products to be shipped. I have a friend that works for LiveOps which is a customer service work from home company. She has been working for them for three years now, and enjoys it. Other legitimate work from home customer service companies are Arise and Alpine Access.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just curious if you have ever done the jewelry products and if so how did that turn out for you. I just received my kit to do the ice cream jewelry and I am having the hardest time ever. Any comments would help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello. I can share some info , I was also looking into nec , but making 1000 a year isn't enough for me. could you have made more Lilycat? but what I do know is this .. I have done 3 work at home jobs . very legit company's,

    1}convergys does calls for AT&T as well as other projects , they pay decent about 9.50 for training which takes about 3 months all done from home via programs, pay scale and promotions are also given if you do well.
    2}alpine access, with them I was doing direct Tv training all at home training and pays decent about same as convergys. they did can about 70% of us during training thou . you have to pass examines and if you dont you are gone.
    3}Teleflora.com.. ahhh teleflora .lol its flower sales you take calls for them to fore fill flower orders, all at home work and the training for them is just watching videos they have and when you watch them your training is done. about 1-2 days. there managers are great to work with. tons of emails .they hire first as season reps { mothers day, summer , christmas etc}then if you did well they may offer you full time.the thing I didnt like about that job , was most calls are complaints { wheres my flowers!!!}and I found it really boring. pay scale is lower them most about 8 dollars a hour , and then they will let you go if you dont meet sales numbers.there systems are easy to use.alpine and convergys there systems are harcore.
    .....................................................
    bottom line these jobs at home are very legit. and it is a job.but they were not really for me. but taken hours of the same calls can get a bit overwhelming.If you like this type of work , then check these out. not sure if this was right forum but there is some true facts from someone that did it. goodluck and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wondering about potential income... if it's only $1000 a year that's just not worth the time/aggravation! I love crafting, and I have made jewelry before, I don't want to be rushing and doing nothing but making jewelry 24/7 BUT is it possible to make $400 or so a month? What kind of time investment would that be? Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  8. anyone doing ice cream jewelry? having a bit of trouble make "scalloped" shaped ice cream. sorry if I may have posted twice

    ReplyDelete
  9. This company is not worth a nickel. I was approved on multiple projects with them. After working for them for many years the owner put me on a special assignment and refused to let me work on the projects I was approved on. Finally after asking and asking she agreed to send me some of the projects to work on. Two weeks later when I asked if would be receiving the kits she talked about she told me she wasn't sending them and gave no reason as to why. I quit and I would tell anyone to think twice and run the other way if you are considering this company.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay far, far away from them. They are now running under the name Glamour Lynx. It's the same owner scamming people under a different name. Watch your step!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with the name changes, watch out.

    Kalayka,

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Learnerships

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Jobs in south Africa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here. Jobs in Western cape

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you understand there's a 12 word phrase you can communicate to your partner... that will induce intense feelings of love and instinctual appeal for you buried within his chest?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, please and look after you with all his heart...

    ====> 12 Words Will Fuel A Man's Desire Response

    This instinct is so built-in to a man's genetics that it will drive him to try better than ever before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

    As a matter of fact, fueling this mighty instinct is absolutely mandatory to having the best possible relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll instantly find him expose his mind and soul for you in a way he's never experienced before and he will recognize you as the only woman in the universe who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete

Freelance Jobs